Toronto, Ontario (June 13, 2023) – Red Pine Exploration Inc. (TSXV: RPX, OTCQB: RDEXF) (“Red Pine” or the “Company’’ reports new drilling results from its ongoing exploration program. The new results confirm the presence of significant gold mineralization west of the Jubilee Shear Zone associated with the Jubilee and Core Shack vein networks, and the Intrusion-related gold system (‘IRGS’) – Figure 1.
As part of the spring 2023 drilling program, Red Pine tested the intrusion-related gold system and a serries of extensional veins in the Wawa Gold Corridor west of the Jubilee Shear (footwall).
Drilling results show significant gold mineralization associated with extensional vein networks in the footwall and hanging wall of the Jubilee Shear (Figure 2)
Red Pine rotated several drill holes by 180 degrees to optimise testing of the extensional vein networks in the hanging wall of the Jubilee Shear
Red Pine will continue to use this strategy to quantify the mineral potential of these extensional vein networks.
Multiple extensional veins were intersected in the Core Shack vein network in SD-23-430 including:
- 1.32 g/t over 100.99 metres (core length) including 3.72 g/t gold over 26.59 metres that includes 23.29 g/t gold over 3.52 metres g/t Au and 20.73 g/t gold over 1.08 metres (Figure 3)
- Drilling successfully extended IRGS mineralization and provided important information for future vectoring using short-wave infrared spectroscopy in that mineralized system.
- SD-23-428 intersected a near-surface extension of the IRGS with 0.45 g/t gold over 52.96 metres including 2.19 g/t gold over 4.67 metres.
- These results open a large area of the Jubilee Stock for future exploration of the IRGS further to the west, north and south parallel to the Jubilee shear.
- Results are pending for 5 drill holes testing the IRGS and the Core Shack and Jubilee vein networks.
- Visible gold was observed in veins of the Core Shack Vein Network in SD-23-432 and SD-23-433 (results pending)
Quentin Yarie, President and CEO of Red Pine Exploration comments:
“The new results confirm the presence of gold mineralization in the footwall of the Jubilee Shear. The mineralization is hosted in either extension veins and/or the IRGS. These positive drill results advance the potential for a shallow high grade open pit”.
Table 1– Highlights from drilling in the Wawa Gold Corridor (Figure 1)
Assay results presented over core length. True width for the intersections varies between 60 to 95% depending on the intersected geological structure.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control (“QA/QC”) Measures
Drill core samples were transported in security sealed bags for analyses to Actlabs in Ancaster, Ontario. Individual samples were labelled, placed in plastic sample bags and sealed. Groups of samples were then placed into durable rice bags and shipped. The residual coarse reject portions of the samples remain in storage if further work or verification is needed.
Red Pine has implemented a quality-control program to comply with best practices in the sampling and analysis of drill core. As part of its QA/QC program, Red Pine inserts external gold standards (low to high grade) and blanks every 20 samples in addition to random standards, blanks, and duplicates.
Quentin Yarie, P.Geo. and Chief Executive Officer of Red Pine and the Qualified Person, as defined by National Instrument 43-101, has reviewed, and approved the news release’s technical information.