Flagship 100% owned Wawa Gold Project located 2 km southeast of Wawa, Northern Ontario
Two mineral deposits; Surluga and Minto Mine South
Red Pine Exploration Inc. is a gold exploration company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The Company’s common shares trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol “RPX” and on the OTCQB markets under “RDEXF”. The Company is engaged in the acquisition and exploration of early stage exploration prospects in areas that have excellent potential for world-class mineral deposit discovery. Red Pine strives to increase shareholder value through exploration discoveries on its 100% owned Wawa Gold Project located in the Michipicoten Greenstone Belt, a region that has seen major investment by several producers in the last five years. Its land package hosts numerous historic gold mines and is 6,986 hectares in size. Led by Quentin Yarie, CEO, who has over 25 years of experience in mineral exploration, Red Pine is strengthening its position as a major mineral exploration and development player in Ontario’s Michipicoten region.
Targeted Commodity: Gold
Property Size and Position:
122 patents / leases and 301 mining claims totalling 7,030 hectares within the McMurray Township, 2 km southeast of the Town of Wawa, Ontario. 500 m West of the Airport, 225 km North of Salt Ste-Marie.
The property has hosted numerous gold mines with historic production of over 120,000 ounces. To date, the largest gold deposit on the property is the Surluga Deposit. Historically, more than 87,000 metres have been drilled on the property. At the Surluga Deposit, 252 surface holes totalling 45,346 metres and 1,339 underground holes totalling 41,753 metres. While the property hosted numerous historical gold mines, these were owned by different operators and they were never geologically connected. With a comprehensive examination of the geology, geophysics, geochemistry, alteration mineralogy and structural geology, Red Pine has uncovered new targets.
Red Pine previously issued a 43-101 technical report for the Wawa Gold Project that includes over 700,000 ounces gold for the Surluga Deposit and the Minto Mine South Deposit combined, at an average grade of > 5 g/t (indicated and inferred) (May 31, 2019). Both resources are accessible using existing historical underground infrastructure and both appear to be open along strike and at depth. 95% of the current resource is contained between surface and 350 metres depth.
In addition to the two (2) deposits currently identified on the property (the Surluga Deposit and the Minto Mine South Deposit), Red Pine has identified six additional exploration targets, along a gold-mineralization corridor that extends for more than 6 km (the Wawa Gold Corridor). Red Pine is now ready to execute a strategic drill program designed to expand the existing NI 43-101 mineral resources and to explore the multiple additional highly prospective targets on the property. An estimated 25,000 metres of diamond drilling is planned in 2022.
Wawa Project Highlights of the 2022 Drill Program Results:
- 100% ownership (consolidated from 63.31%)
- 2022 Phase 1 program; greater than 23,000 metres of drilling achieved year-to-date
- Resource principally located between the surface and 300 metres vertical depth
- Drilling identified high-grade gold exploration targets that could grow the current resource: (1) Jubilee Shear Zone beyond the current resource of the Surluga Deposit, including the Surluga South and North discoveries, (2) Minto Mine Shear Zone beyond the current resource of the Minto Deposit, (3) Minto B Shear Zone, (4) Grace/Nyman Shear System, (5) Parkhill #4 Shear Zone, (6) Hornblende Shear Zone (and satellite shear zones between Hornblende and Jubilee) and (7) Jubilee Shear Zone south of Parkhill Fault
- Discovery of near surface high-grade Sadowski Gold Zone; new mineralized zone with intersection of 24.8 g/t gold over 1.15 metres, intersection of 13.95 g/t gold over 4.48 metres core length (“CL”) including 29.29 g/t gold over 2.02 metres (CL)
- Extension of the Minto Structure with an intersection of 109.37g/t over 2.68 metres true width (“TW”); the best intersection to date in the Minto Vein
- Gold mineralization that is forming the Minto Mine deposit extended to depth in the Jubilee Shear Zone; over 550 metres vertical depth
- Down plunge drilling in the Surluga South Discovery; produced significantly higher grades with an intersect in the Jubilee Shear Zone at 25.73 g/t gold over 4.78 metres (TW), with extension over 500 meters down-dip of the resource at 3.08 g/t gold over 55.66 metres (TW) in the Jubilee Shear Zone
- Confirmation of high-grade gold mineralization 440 metres down plunge of the boundary of the Surluga resource; with an intersection of 4.66 g/t gold over 12.24 metres (TW) in the Jubilee Shear Zone; including 24.1 g/t gold over 0.68 metres (TW) and 14.68 g/t gold over 1.94 metres (TW)
- Discovery of significant mineralization 140 meters down-dip of the resource boundary in the northern part of the Surluga deposit; starting approximately 240 metres vertical depth, the Surluga North Discovery has the potential to further expand the current resource of the Surluga Deposit, intersecting a mineralized envelope covering 27.26 metres estimated true width (TW) in the Jubilee Shear Zone with 18.21 g/t gold over 1.95 metres (TW), 3.90 g/t gold over 4.47 metres (TW) including 18.14 g/t gold over 0.82 metre (TW) (see press release dated January 21st, 2022)
“Our 2021 drill program has positively set the table for an expansion of the drilling program into 2022,” said Quentin Yarie, CEO and President of Red Pine Exploration. “As always, we take a holistic approach to our exploration programs and results will dictate and adjust this dynamic program. We also expect that this program, and the expected follow-on Phase 2 program, should put the Company in a position to consider an update of the resource in the future. The current NI 43-101(1) compliant resource contains 1,307,000 tonnes at 5.47 g/t gold for 230,000 ounces in the indicated category and 2,716,000 tonnes at 5.39 g/t gold for 471,000 ounces in the inferred category, with 90% contained in the upper 300 metres.”
2022 Drilling and Exploration Program
Exploration plans include drilling approximately 25,000 meters in the next six months. The extensive drill program will be across its primary resources, Surluga and Minto Mine, proving depth extension as well as potential mineralization in high-priority greenfield targets. The 2022 drill program is funded by the $8.4 million flow-through share financing completed in November 2021. Approximately 60% of the program will focus on areas which have the potential to expand the current Surluga and Minto South resources.Approximately 40% of the program will focus on our priority Greenfield targets which were not tested in 2021: Grace-Darwin, Hornblende Shear Zone and the Sadowski Zone. As part of the Wawa Gold Project’s on-going drilling program, Red Pine is testing the northern and southern extensions of the Surluga Deposit, and the extension of the Minto Mine Deposit beyond the footprints of their respective resources. With four active drills on site, the on-going exploration program includes testing the southern and northern extensions of the Jubilee Shear Zone that hosts the Surluga Deposit and continues to indicate that significant zones of gold mineralization remain to be discovered down-dip and beyond the footprint of the existing resources. A recent press release dated January 21st, 2022 announced the discovery of significant mineralization 140 meters down-dip of the resource boundary in the northern part of the Surluga deposit in the Jubilee Shear Zone. This new zone, starting at approximately 240 metres vertical depth and named the Surluga North Discovery, has the potential to further expand the current resource of the Surluga Deposit at the Wawa Gold Project. The Company will also test a number of exploration targets on the property that have the potential to be converted into resources as Red Pine continues to develop the project.
Wawa Project Highlights of the 2022 Drill Program:
- 2022 Phase 1 program; 14,864 metres of drilling achieved year-to-date
- Exploration plans include drilling approximately 25,000 metres by July 2022 across its primary resources, Surluga and Minto Mine; proving depth extension as well as potential mineralization in high-priority greenfield targets. Red Pine is testing the northern and southern extensions of the Surluga Deposit, and the extension of the Minto Mine Deposit beyond the footprints of their respective resources.
- Four active drills on site; the on-going exploration program includes testing the Jubilee Shear Zone south of the Parkhill Fault, Parkhill #4 Shear Zone. The southern and northern extensions of the Jubilee Shear Zone that hosts the Surluga Deposit continues to indicate that significant zones of gold mineralization remain to be discovered down-dip and beyond the footprint of the existing resources. Hole SD-21-308 opened a potential extension of gold mineralization beyond the current boundary of the Surluga Deposit resource which is less than 250 metres below surface.
- “Greenfield” exploration in the Darwin-Grace Mine area; Visual indicators of gold mineralization observed in 3 major structures: Grace Shear Zone, the Nyman Shear Zone, and a newly discovered, yet to be named shear zone, and in multiple intersects in the Nyman Shear Zone with intersection of 11.47 g/t gold over 2.73 metres.
- Intersection of 40.07 g/t gold over 1.18 metres at the north end of Surluga, above Jubilee Shear Zone; extension of mineralization in the Grace Shear Zone, Nyman Shear Zone and the discovery of a new mineralized structure with traced gold mineralization along the Grace Shear Zone over a total strike length of 650 metres. East of Darwin-Grace, DG-22-329 discovered a shear zone containing a quartz vein with visible gold, extending the footprints of gold mineralization in the Nyman Shear Zone 210 meters along strike of the intersection of 11.47 g/t gold over 2.73 metres
- Surluga South – Extension of High-Grade Mineralization; additional gold mineralization at depth 8.00 g/t Au over 11.38 metres, including 3 high-grade intersections of 9.33 g/t Au over 0.79 metres, 57.99 g/t Au over 0.92 metres and 15.92 g/t Au over 0.86 metres (all TW)
- Surluga North – Confirmation of Down Dip Gold Mineralization: gold mineralization beneath the current resources (northern extensions) with 8.46 g/t Au over 6.42 metres, SD-22-326 intersected 11.19 g/t Au over 2.61 metres
“The results from our 2022 drilling program continues to demonstrate the untapped potential of the Wawa Gold Project, having intersected notable mineralized regions in various exploration targets. As we carry on with the Phase 1 drill program at an efficient pace, the Jubilee Shear Zone which hosts the Surluga resource continues to produce impressive results which validates the continuation of the exploration drill program.” – Quentin Yarie, President and CEO of Red Pine Exploration.