Property Size and Position:
371 unpatented and 164 patented mining claims totaling 6,519 hectares within the McMurray Township, 2 km southeast of the Town of Wawa, Ontario.
64.5% Red Pine Exploration, 35.5% Citabar LP. Red Pine is the operating manager of the Project.
The property has hosted numerous gold mines with historic production of over 120,000 ounces. To date, the largest gold deposit on the property is the Surluga Deposit.
Historically, more than 87,000 metres have been drilled on the property. At the Surluga Deposit, 252 surface holes totalling 45,346 metres and 1,339 underground holes totalling 41,753 metres.
While the property hosted numerous historical gold mines, these were owned by different operators and they were never geologically connected. With a comprehensive examination of the geology, geophysics, geochemistry, alteration mineralogy and structural geology, Red Pine has uncovered new targets.
Red Pine recently issued a 43-101 technical report for the Wawa Gold Project that includes over 700,000 ounces gold for the Surluga Deposit and the Minto Mine South Deposit combined, at an average grade of > 5 g/t (both Indicated and Inferred) (May 31, 2019). Both resources are accessible using existing historical underground infrastructure and both appear to be open along strike and at depth. 95% of the current resource is contained between surface and 350 metres depth.
- 205,000 ounces at 5.31 g/t in the Indicated category and 396,000 ounces at 5.22 g/t in the Inferred category at a 2.7 g/t cut-off within a 2 g/t envelope (May 31, 2019)
- Open along strike and depth
- Potential for bulk underground mining – vein thickness range between 3-30 metres
Minto Mine South Deposit
- 25,000 ounces at 7.5 g/t in the Indicated category and 75,000 ounces at 6.6 g/t in the Inferred category (Nov. 7, 2018)
- Occurs in shallow, narrow, high-grade veins and shears outside of the current Surluga Deposit envelope
- Mineralization remains open in all directions
In addition to the two (2) deposits currently identified on the property (the Surluga Deposit and the Minto Mine South Deposit), Red Pine has identified six additional exploration targets, along a gold-mineralization corridor that extends for more than 6 km (the Wawa Gold Corridor).
While focused on delineating shallow, high-grade deposits amenable to bulk underground mining along the Wawa Gold Corridor, the Company’s 2020 exploration program will target proving the continuity of the mineralization of the Surluga Deposit at depth.