Print

Wawa Gold Project

 

Wawa Location sm
Click to enlarge.
>Wawa claims sm
 

Mouse over to zoom, Click to enlarge.
Targeted Commodity:
Gold
 
Location:
The Wawa Gold Project is located 2 km southeast of the Town of Wawa, Ontario

Property Size and Position:
43 unpatented and 164 patented mining claims totalling 5582 hectares within the McMurray Township

Net Ownership:
Red Pine Exploration has a 60% interest in the Wawa Gold Project with Citabar LLP holding the remaining 40%. Red Pine is the Operating Manager of the Project.
 
Ехploration History:
The Wawa Gold Project property has hosted numerous gold mines with historic production of over 120,000 ounces. To date, the largest gold deposit on the property is the Surluga Deposit.  
 
Historically, more than 87,000 metres have been drilled on the property. At the Surluga Deposit, 252 surface holes totalling 45,346 metres and 1,339 underground holes totalling  41,753 metres.
 
While the property has hosted numerous historical gold mines, these were owned by different operators and they were never geologically connected. With a comprehensive examination of the geology, geophysics, geochemistry, alteration mineralogy and structural geology, Red Pine has uncovered new targets. 
 
Mineralization Potential
The property hosts a 43-101 inferred resource (the "Surluga Deposit") of 1,088,000 ounces of gold at 1.71 g/t grams per tonne using a 0.50 g/t gold cut-off grade, contained in 19.82 million tonnes open along strike and at depth (Mineral resource statement, Surluga-Jubilee Gold Deposit, Wawa Gold Project, Ontario, Ronacher Mckenzie Geoscience and SRK Consulting (Canada) Inc., May 26, 2015).
 
Since November 2014, Red Pine's exploration work has involved the on-going sampling of 42,000 m of historic core that was never sampled by previous operators and aggressive drilling campaigns. To date, the Company has completed over 30,000 m of drilling and made four key discoveries along the extension of the Surluga Deposit: the Surluga North Zone; the Hornblende-William Zone; the Minto South Zone and; the Grace-Darwin Zone. These are part of the Wawa Gold Corridor, a gold-mineralization zone that extends for more than 5 km.
 
Red Pine's current drilling program is designed to expand the size of the existing inferred resource and connect the other zones of gold mineralization along the newly-discovered Wawa Gold Corridor. Two drills are currently operating non-stop on the property - one is targeting the Surluga North discovery while the second is targeting the Minto Mine South Zone discovery.
 
The Company is well funded and as such, the sampling and drilling programs will continue in 2018.